Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

More than 49,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to solve the current Economic Crisis, and more  (Read 4109 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
How to solve the current Economic Crisis, and more
« on: January 28, 2010, 07:19:44 AM »

Although my suggestions here apply mainly to the United States, the same apply to most other countries around the world.

There are many ideas and suggestions on how to fix the current worldwide economic downturn. It is not a matter of a shortage of ideas, but rather, which ones to implement.

It seems that the modern way of thinking is to just print more money, and to provide large companies with huge amounts of money (billions of dollars), in order to save them from possible bankruptcy. The world is moving away from that old principle "Survival of the Fittest". It seems that we want the weak to flourish. I personally think this is a recipe for disaster, but that's just my personal opinion. We are going against the natural order of things (the Universe, or the Laws of Nature).

Okay, enough soap boxing. How do we fix the economy?

It's actually a lot easier than most would think. The problem is not that the solution won't work. The real problem is that this solution will have to be sold, and adopted in order for it to work. I have no doubt about whether it would work or not. It will work.

The solution is to provide jobs. And not just any jobs. These jobs must directly benefit the US, in a way that will move it forward, and create a fertile environment for economic growth.

History can teach us a lot, and it has done so, over and over again. Why do we keep second-guessing it? Why do we not learn from our mistakes, or our successes? President Franklin D. Roosevelt played a major role during the 1930's to help lead the American People out of the the Great Depression. He accomplished that with his "relief, recovery and reform program." A big part of this was the $3.3 billion of spending through the Public Works Administration to stimulate the economy. Bridges, dams, power stations, and so forth, were built, providing much needed jobs, and at the same time improving America's infrastructure.

This current economical downturn is no different than the challenges of the Great Depression.

In a strange way the timing could not have been better for us to have this Recession/Depression (depending on what you want to call it). Global warming has finally made us realize that we need to move away from fossil fuels. The damage we have done to the environment is not irreversible. It can be stopped. And we need to do it now. What better time to do so than right now. Now that we need to create jobs...

Rather than giving banks and car companies billions and billions of dollars to try and fix the mess they got us into in the first place, take most of that money and use it to create jobs for people to build "Green" solutions.

Imagine huge new Green Energy Plants going up all around the United States. I'm not going to suggest what type of plants we should build under this topic. I will post additional topics later on with my ideas on alternative energy. Let's just mention Solar, Wind and Hydro for now, and leave it at that. But, I also want to include Nuclear as a possible solution. Oops... I've probably opened Pandora's Box now. Hold on to your horses though. They are working on new technologies at the moment that will create Safe Nuclear Power. Sounds to good to be true? Let me be the first to tell you that it is possible to do so. Just check out Hyperion Power as an example. And there are others, which I will mention in my planned future topics regarding alternative energy. Now is not the time to address this controversial issue. What is important, is that we build Green Energy Plants. Let's at least agree on that, and then move on.

Best of all... once all these new solutions have been implemented, we will be completely independent on foreign fuel. The amount of money we'll be saving on an annual basis will very quickly pay back all the debt incurred in order to build Green Energy Plants.

A key element of this solution would be to combine it with a huge drive towards Electric Vehicles (EVs). Americans have always had a love affair with automobiles. Besides housing, it is the second largest purchase ever made by us.

Building greener houses can also be incorporated into the solution. And while we're at it, let's also build stronger houses, houses that can withstand hurricanes, and yes, even tornadoes. Just think of all the money spent every year on disaster funds. We rebuild houses, and then they get blown away again. It is ludicrous. Build them strong enough in the first place. It will cost more initially, but it will save a bundle of money later on. Is this just too much of a logical solution to be implemented? It sometimes seems to me that we're just not willing to implement logical solutions. The more illogical, the better... or so it seems.

So, in a nutshell: Design a new program, call it the "Bright New Future Program". This BNFP will provide millions of jobs, immediately, putting more money in consumers pockets, and will build a new America. This new America will run on green electricity, and NOT fossil fuels, or fossil-fuel-created electricity.

Once we come out of the Recession, we will be in a better position than before the Recession. Maybe this is Nature's way of giving us a wake up call.

We have a great opportunity here, not a problem. Now is the time to act, and to stop beating around the bush. No other solution will provide us with a long term outlook. Anything else will result in "business as usual", which will eventually lead to the same problem, or even worse.

Fix it now, not later.

I know that someone reading this will probably say that a lot is being done in this field already, and that there are government plans in place to address global warming and alternative energy. Well, I know, and that is great. But, all I'm saying is that they're not serious enough about it. They're just nibbling at it, or toying with it. It should be done on a massive scale, with no holding back. Current time lines are too slow. It will take too long to get there. And we do not have enough time.

Maybe we need someone like President John F. Kennedy to make a similar statement as his famous "Man on the Moon" address: "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth."

Something like: "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before 2012 is out, of constructing Green Energy Plants, and at the same time fixing the economy, and the damage we have done to the Earth."

If you agree with me, then please forward this topic to as many people as possible. You can do so by clicking on SEND THIS TOPIC. Do your part to Save Our Economy, and Global Warming at the same time!

Thanks for reading this.

Jay

P.S. Also ready my related topic MonexMatrix - A revolutionary approach to replace the global monetary system

For more of my own personal ideas please click here...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:04:14 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla

cemAccesOptip

• View Profile
Re: How to solve the current Economic Crisis, and more
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »

Yes indeed. I noticed that as well. Thanks Lady Mod, maybe this way more people will see it and start spreading the info. The more people who read it, the better chance more people demand that it be removed from the ammo.

jamesj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:20:17 PM »

your suggestion is absolutely fine.........

Axcel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:49 AM »

Great information,,
You are right Jay i agree, your suggestion is absolutely fine.....
Government Jobs in Pakistan
Pages: [1]   Go Up