Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 49,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoopyIdeas Twitter Tweets - Page 1  (Read 1653 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
LoopyIdeas Twitter Tweets - Page 1
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »

I decided to create a post where most of our Twitter Tweets can be seen here. When this list gets too long I will create a second, third... post and link them all for easy navigation.

Page 1  Page 2  Page 3  Page 4  Page 5

Common sense is not so common.

The first step in making one's dreams come true is to wake up.

How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

Life starts when you move out of your comfort zone.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

To an observer standing on Pluto, the sun would appear no brighter than Venus appears in our evening sky.

The first portable calculator placed on sale by Texas Instruments weighed 2-1/2 pounds and cost $150. (1971)

If you lined up all the slinkys ever made in a row they could wrap around the Earth 126 times.

Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring, and good-looking? Because those men already have boyfriends.

Velcro was modeled after burrs of the burdock plant that stuck to Velcro’s creator’s pants after a hunting trip.

Seat belts for pilots were installed only after several pilots fell to their deaths while flying upside down.

Bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers were all invented by women.

It has been determined that less than one patented invention in a hundred makes any money for the inventor.

Benjamin Franklin invented swim fins and the rocking chair, among many other things.

The parachute was invented 120 years before the airplane. It was intended to save people who had to jump from burning buildings.

Leonardo da Vinci never built the inventions he designed.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. (Henry Ford)

A quack is a man with a new idea, until it catches on. (Mark Twain)

Few women admit their age. Few men act theirs.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Error, no keyboard. Press F1 to continue.

In Cannes, France, it’s illegal to wear a Jerry Lewis mask.

In Pennsylvania it’s against the law to put a dollar on a string on the ground and yank it when someone tries to pick it up.

Q: What happened when the wheel was invented? A: It caused a revolution.

Who copyrighted the copyright symbol?

Chuck Norris and Superman challenged each other to a fight, betting that the loser had to wear his underpants on the outside of his clothes.

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.

Chuck Norris can strangle you with a cordless phone.

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

Husband: "Honey, why do you usually answer me back with a question when I ask you?" Wife: "Is that what I do?"

Q. How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail? A. Rename the email folder 'Instruction Manuals'

He's so stupid, when he missed bus number 44 he road bus 22 twice.

A bill collector came to my house the other day, so I gave him a huge stack of old bills

I intend to live forever - so far, so good

I really think the Mars Rover is scouting for the next Wal-Mart Superstore site.

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times. (Mark Twain)

If Bill Gates had a penny for every time I had to reboot my computer...oh wait, he does.

The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

A bank is a place that will lend you money, if you can prove that you don't need it.

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. (Michael Jordan)

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. (C. S. Lewis)

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. (Ayn Rand)

Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. (William Shakespeare)

When you have got an elephant by the hind legs and he is trying to run away, it's best to let him run. (Abraham Lincoln)

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'! (Audrey Hepburn)

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. (Mahatma Gandhi)

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. (John F. Kennedy)

I can resist everything except temptation. (Oscar Wilde)

I want to put a ding in the universe. (Steve Jobs)

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. (Winston Churchill)

By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher. (Socrates)

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot. (Marilyn Monroe)

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without. (Confucius)

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. (Albert Einstein)

A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? (Albert Einstein)

My theory about creativity is that the more money one has, the more creative one can be. (Robert Mapplethorpe)

What do I think of Western civilization? I think it would be a very good idea. (Mohandas Gandhi)

Don't have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them. (Alan Perlis)

You'll find boredom where there is the absence of a good idea. (Earl Nightingale)

Here’s something to think about: How come you never see a headline like ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’? – Jay Leno

Why is it, when two planes almost hit each other it is called a "near miss"?

If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?

If pro and con are opposites, wouldn't the opposite of progress be congress?

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. (Sir James Dewar, Scientist, 1877-1925)

Isn't it strange? The same people who laugh at gypsy fortune tellers take economists seriously. (Cincinnati Enquirer)

Who the hell wants to hear actors talk? (H. M. Warner, founder of Warner Brothers film studios, 1927)

Radio is just a fashion contrivance that will soon die out. It is obvious that there never will be invented a proper receiver! Thomas Edison

Flight by machines heavier than air is unpractical and insignificant, if not utterly impossible. (Simon Newcomb , 1902)

Since the mathematicians have invaded the theory of relativity, I do not understand it myself anymore. (Albert Einstein)

There's a fine line between a genius and an idiot: An idiot has wild ideas; A genius does something with them. (Randall Owen)

I told the doctor I broke my leg in two places. He told me to quit going to those places. (Henny Youngman)

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again. (Mike Myers)

Man can always be relied upon to exert, with vigor, his ... right to be stupid. (Dean Koontz)

The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing. (Dizzy Dean)

I believe in the horse. The automobile is merely a passing phenomenon. (Emperor Wilhelm II)

Computer viruses should count as life.Says something that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive.Stephen Hawking

640Kb ought to be enough for anybody. (Bill Gates, 1981)

The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. (Bill Watterson)

The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea there aren't any.We can't be the best creation has to offer.Ellen DeGeneres

Chaos Theory is a new theory invented by scientists panicked by the thought that the public were beginning to understand the old ones.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

My psychiatrist told me I'm going crazy. I told him, 'If you don't mind I'd like a second opinion.' He said, 'Alright.... you're ugly too!'

If you believe everything you read, better not read. (Japanese proverb)

Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car payments.

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do. (Dale Carnegie)

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. (Carl Sagan)

I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do. (Johnny Depp)

Yesterday I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas I don't know.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

The weirdest idea of all is to think that there is no other life in the Universe, except on Earth. (Jay Sadie – http://LoopyIdeas.com)

Everything is possible. The impossible just takes longer. (Dan Brown)

Great ideas often receive violent opposition from mediocre minds. (Albert Einstein)

Weird ideas, many of which go against accepted management practices, can promote innovation and success in companies.

Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times. (Napoleon Hill)

Any idea, plan or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought. (Napoleon Hill)

Creativity is contagious, pass it on. (Albert Einstein)

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep. (Scott Adams)

A hotly pursued question in physics today is whether the Higgs Boson exists. It supposedly explains mass. My idea:- Mass is trapped energy!

Trouble falling asleep? Don’t count sheep! Wipe your mind clean of thoughts. If that is too hard then focus on something relaxing.

Trouble falling asleep? Drink half a glass of water and then put a pinch of salt on your tongue and let it dissolve.

Try sweet jelly (or some call it jam) on top of tangy cheese. You will be pleasantly surprized how these opposites complement each other.

Opinions are easy to find, but ideas hide in the mind. (Jay Sadie – http://LoopyIdeas.com)

A single idea, if it is right, saves us the labor of an infinity of experiences. (Jacques Maritain)

An idea a day keeps the holocaust away. (Jay Sadie – http://LoopyIdeas.com)

Every really new idea looks crazy at first.

It is far easier to ridicule someone else’s idea than to come up with one’s own idea. (Jay Sadie – http://LoopyIdeas.com)

The only crazy thing about a loopy idea is to abandon it before even trying. (Jay Sadie – http://LoopyIdeas.com).

Nothing else in the world... not all the armies... is so powerful as an idea whose time has come. (Victor Hugo)

A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. (John F. Kennedy)

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. (Oscar Wilde)

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered with a searching but at the same time a steady eye. (Winston Churchill)

Stupidity is based on what the average person believes to be of lower intelligence and crazy is what the average determines to be abnormal.

When banks, financial institutions or businesses make mistakes then let them pay fees & penalties to their affected/inconvenienced customers

Let’s organize a worldwide “cell phone free day” or a “turn your cell phone off day”. I’m sure Blackberry will support this effort. :=)

Nanotubes make crazy ideas not so crazy... A space elevator? A treatment for cancer? A bicycle frame lighter than a Twinkie?

Loopy Idea: Dishes & eating utensils that are truly non-stick, by surrounding it with electromagnetic repulsion. Never clean dishes again!

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. (Oscar Wilde)

There are many weird races... lawnmowers, office chairs, bathtubs... How about a race where you drive your car in reverse around a track?

If you’re in the market for a new vehicle then seriously consider purchasing an Electric Vehicle. Mother Nature will thank you.

Redesign the World Wide Web to make use of direct peer-to-peer connections instead of the TCP/IP packet model. Result: Faster & more secure.

Today’s crazy, weird or loopy idea is tomorrow’s breakthrough...

Japanese airport collects snow to keep terminals cool during summer. Snow-based cooling system reduces carbon emissions by 2100+ tons p/year

Page 1  Page 2  Page 3  Page 4  Page 5
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:24:38 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up