Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

More than 41,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible proof that Parallel Universes exist  (Read 1745 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
Possible proof that Parallel Universes exist
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:44:22 AM »

The idea that there are many, if not an infinite number of parallel universes co-existing with the universe we live in has been a popular topic in science fiction, and many movies have portrayed this in some way or another. Strangely enough, since the popularity of quantum mechanics has increased over the years, especially since Einstein's famous Relativity Theory, more and more scientists are starting to take the idea that parallel universes exist more seriously. In fact, some scientists have been won over completely, and claim that they can prove that "alternate realities" do exist.

I'm not going to cover the technicalities of parallel universes. If you would like to find out more, here are some interesting links:
Parallel universe (fiction)
Parallel Universes Theory : The Basics
Do parallel universes really exist?

The purpose of this post is that I had a strange thought regarding the existence of parallel universes the other day that I would like to share with you.

Dreams have always fascinated me. No one can really explain where dreams come from. So, what if dreams are nothing more than "peeps" into other parallel universes?

This may sound strange, but think about it for a moment. Dreams can be very real, sometimes so real that you don't know the difference, until you wake up.

While you are asleep your mind is in a state of rest. You are not bogged down by your physical environment. You are in a semi-trance state, where your mind can "step" into other realms.

According to some scientists every decision you make can have an infinite number of possible results. A parallel universe exists for each and every possible outcome. And this is for just one small decision! Now imagine all the decisions you make in your entire life. There will be an infinite number of outcomes (results). And all these co-exist, somewhere in an alternate reality.

This stuff is truly mind-boggling. If you think about it too long you may develop a nasty headache, or worse... even lose your mind. But then again, if you do lose your mind, there will be many other universes where you would not have lost your mind!

For more of my own personal ideas please click here...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:07:52 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up