Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

More than 41,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Original Artist Music Talent Show  (Read 6152 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
New Original Artist Music Talent Show
« on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:30 AM »

There are quite a number of extremely popular talent shows on television these days: American Idol, The X Factor, America's Got Talent, and so forth.

Personally I like original music and/or talent acts a lot more than any attempt to copy/reproduce a song or act. There is something to be said for originality. No matter how good a copycat is, he/she can never beat to the original artist. A reproduction is nothing more than a replay. It doesn't bring anything new to the table.

I think it is high time we place more emphasis on originality, and reward it with the attention it deserves.

So, how about creating a TV Talent Show that only allows for original music, written by the contestants themselves? Each contestant may enter the contest as a solo act, or may make use of an accompanying band of no more than 4 members. Any of the accompanying band members may also participate as backup singers.

The recipe will almost be identical to American Idol, except that contestants may only sing their own newly-written songs. They may not make use of songwriters. If a contestant uses an accompanying band then the band members may assist in producing/writing the song, as long as the contestant leads the effort. TV cameras will record the entire creative process of each contestant. The producer will select excerpts to be presented during the show. This will make for highly interesting and entertaining television, while at the same time proving original design by the contestant.

The judges will have to take a new very important factor into account, in addition to how they are currently judging contestants, namely originality.

Here are some ideas for a name of this show:
  • American Originality
  • An Artist Is Born
  • A Star Is Born
  • The New Talent Music Factory
  • Music Factory
  • Original Music Factory
  • The Singing Songwriter

Please feel free to add some potential names you think may sound cool...

For more of my own personal ideas please click here...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 06:48:22 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla

JosephKeli

• View Profile
    • ,Online Captcha Typing Jobs with Guaranteed Payment
New Original Artist Music Talent Show
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:47:00 AM »

I havent heard of this show though, i love the judges choices, is it a BGT sort of thing or an X Factor type thing or what?
*Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up