Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 30,000 followers on Twitter, and counting...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The SlipQuit - When you need to quit your job  (Read 1118 times)

eureka

• View Profile
The SlipQuit - When you need to quit your job
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:23:47 AM »

In August 2010 a weird incident occurred on a Jetblue flight, involving a flight attended called Steven Slater. When his plane touched down at JFK, a passenger removed his luggage from the overhead bin while it was still rolling to the gate. Slater told the passenger to wait but the man called Slater a name too crude to mention here and then hit Slater with his luggage.

Slater got on the plane's public address system and yelled: "To the passenger who called me a (expletive), (expletive) you. I've been in the business 28 years. I've had it. That's it."

Sources said Slater then grabbed some beer from the plane, deployed the inflatable emergency slide, and took off in his car parked in an employee lot.

Instead of a ticker tape parade, Slater was arrested. No word on the fate of the passenger who started it.

The above episode sparked a loopy idea by some inventor who saw an opportunity to make money from it...

The SlipQuit™
The SlipQuit™

(Sadly, this creation doesn't actually exist. Except in your dreams.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:30:58 AM by eureka »
"Eureka! - I have found it!"
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.”
Quotes by Archimedes (Mathematician and inventor of ancient Greece, 280-211bc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up