Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 41,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BrainTank Island  (Read 1738 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
BrainTank Island
« on: August 20, 2011, 04:38:34 PM »

This idea has been floating around in my mind for a very long time, I’d say 20+ years.  It is a very idealistic idea and I’ve not really discussed it with anyone, except with some of my closest friends and family.  It is a very grand idea, and has some major issues and challenges associated with it… as with most big ideas.  However, that does not mean it cannot be done.  Thank goodness for the Internet.  This site has now provided me with a perfect opportunity to share my “loopy” idea with the World.

BrainTank Island is an independent island, not under the rule of any country, where its citizens will be some of the finest and brightest scientists and entrepreneurs on Earth.

Why an island?  Simply and importantly to isolate creators and thinkers from the rat race, politics and challenges of troubled societies around the world, and to provide a magical environment that will inspire.  In order to induce great inventions and ideas the right surroundings and interaction with other similar thinking and talented people will greatly increase the success factor.  The old saying “no one man is an island” can be used to make a valid point, namely that collectively we can achieve so much more than single-handedly.

First things first.  A group of free-thinking individuals will have to join forces in making BrainTank Island a reality.  It will take time and money, probably in excess of a billion dollars.  The ideal island will have to be found somewhere on the globe.  Many factors will have to be taken into account, i.e. safety, location, free of natural disasters, great climate, stunning land and seascapes, etc.

In order to become a “citizen” of BrainTank Island you will have to pass a rigorous set of scenarios, mostly revolving around creative abilities and free thinking.  You will have to demonstrate a desire to serve mankind instead of your own selfish urges.  If you are prepared to serve your own interests above those of others then you do not belong on BrainTank Island.

The mission and sole purpose of BrainTank Island is to create a society that will change the course of mankind from being a conflicting and warring society to a peaceful problem solving society.  One of mankind’s biggest challenges is to overcome its inherent selfish behavior.  This is in stark contradiction to what we find in most animals and living creatures, namely to serve the preservation of their species.  For some unexplainable reason man serves individual preservation and holds that in higher regard than the survival of the human species.

I am a firm believer in joining forces with like-minded creative human beings.  There are only two types of people: users and participants.  Unfortunately most people are users, at least at this point in time of human evolution.  Humans have the ability to be the most incredible species the world has ever known, or may eventually be known as the most destructive and undeserved creatures to inhabit the planet.  Only the future will tell which one holds true.

We have all been witness to some incredible, if not miraculous achievements by mankind.  But, on the other hand, we have also been witness to some dark and destructive forces that have plagued us since the creation of the human race.

It is time to gather the forces of those humans who will selflessly serve the human race.  In order to do so such humans must be isolated from the world we find ourselves in at this time.  We need to change the attitude from “every man for himself” to “all humans for each other”.

BrainTank Island will provide a milieu and conducive environment for inventors, designers and creative people to solve problems, move the human race from “animal” status to enlightened and selfless participating entities of the universe.  Surely “life” has to be more than just survival at all cost.  There has to be a higher purpose.  Otherwise we are nothing more than locusts or parasites.  We have been given brains for a good reason.  To waste it would be a terrible sin, and I don’t necessarily mean that in a religious way.  “What a waste” would be more appropriate.

I have a vision of an island that will provide an environment for mankind to truly move into a new era.  I dream of a society that will respect all of its citizens, and where all of its citizens will respect the society.  There can be no other solution.  Any other will ultimately lead to self-destruction and extinction.

Does all of this sound like a crazy pipe dream?  Maybe.  But, what are the alternatives?  Do you really think that the human race is on the right path?  Do you believe that mankind is moving in the right direction?  Are you proud of being a member of the human race at the moment?  Really think before you answer these questions.

I believe in a community of humans that have the same goals, goals to preserve mankind and to jointly ensure the perseverance of the human race, to the point where we will think and act as one.  This is only possible if you are as protective of your fellow man as he/she is protective over you.

If we cannot find a BrainTank Island then maybe we need to find a BranTank Planet…

For more of my own personal ideas please click here...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 05:55:09 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up