Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 30,000 followers on Twitter, and counting...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric Uno Bike for Green Commuting  (Read 5346 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
Electric Uno Bike for Green Commuting
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:29:34 AM »

Ben Gulak
Ben Gulak
Uno MotorBike
Uno MotorBike
Canadian Inventor Ben Gulak of BPG-Technologies has developed a wild new green motorcycle that uses gyro technology to stay upright on its two side-by-side wheels.

Acceleration is controlled by leaning forward to go faster, and leaning back to slow down. The gyro tells the ECU how much to accelerate and that in turn delivers the proper amount of current to the electric motors, one for each wheel. Weighing in at a mere 129 pounds, the bike has a top speed of 25mph and a battery life of 2 1/2 hours. The bike was unveiled for the first time at the 2008 National Motorcycle Show in Toronto.

This bike is known as the Uno Bike and has been invented and created by the 18 year old canadian, Ben Gulak. It is said that this electrical bike has been conceived from lessons learned from the Segway device, but implemented in a cooler package.

Uno MotorBike
Uno MotorBike
Brief info about the bike:
  • Has two wheels, side-by-side, and uses gyroscopic technology to stay upright
  • The wheels are independently operated making turning much more precise
  • Moves in the direction the rider leans (the more you lean, the faster you go)
  • To move backward, just lean back on the seat to tilt it backwards
  • Hits a top speed of 25 mph in its current configuration
  • Has a weight of 58kg
  • Has a range of 2.5 hours once it is charged from the mains
  • No controls except for an On-Off switch (so simple as that!)

”.. it is designed for the commute to work through busy towns” says Gulak. “ I believe this could be electrical alternative to the car. I’m just looking for an investor to help me get it into production ..”

Ben Gulak also claims that his innovative bike would help beat pollution and the design was inspired from a visit to China in 2006 - “The smog was so thick, we never saw the sun,” he said.
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up