Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 41,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Famous quotes regarding Ideas  (Read 18486 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
Famous quotes regarding Ideas
« on: January 06, 2010, 03:50:31 PM »

Here are some interesting quotes found on Book of Famous Quotes:

A crank is someone with a new idea -- until it catches on.
Mark Twain (1835-1910, American Humorist, Writer)

A good idea plus capable men cannot fail; it is better than money in the bank.
John Berry

A great idea is usually original to more than one discoverer. Great ideas come when the world needs them. Great ideas surround the world's ignorance and press for admission.
Elizabeth Stuart Phelps (1844-1911, American Writer)

A man is not necessarily intelligent because he has plenty of ideas, any more than he is a good general because he has plenty of soldiers.
Sebastien-Roch Nicolas De Chamfort (1741-1794, French Writer, Journalist, Playwright)

A mind once stretched by a new idea never regains its original dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894, American Author, Wit, Poet)

A new and valid idea is worth more than a regiment and fewer men can furnish the former than command the latter.
Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894, American Author, Wit, Poet)

A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows.  8)
William James (1842-1910, American Psychologist, Professor, Author)

A new idea is like a child. It's easier to conceive than to deliver.  :D
Ted Koysis

A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.
Antoine De Saint-Exupery (1900-1944, French Aviator, Writer)

A powerful idea communicates some of its strength to him who challenges it.
Marcel Proust (1871-1922, French Novelist)

A single idea, if it is right, saves us the labor of an infinity of experiences.
Jacques Maritain (1882-1973, French Philosopher)

All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.
Napoleon Hill (1883-1970, American Speaker, Motivational Writer, 'Think and Grow Rich')

An idea discovered is much better possessed.
Young

An idea is a feat of association, and the height of it is a good metaphor.
Robert Frost (1875-1963, American Poet)

An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.
Pablo Picasso (1881-1973, Spanish Artist)

An idea is a putting truth in check-mate.
Jose Ortega Y Gasset (1883-1955, Spanish Essayist, Philosopher)

An idea is never given to you without you being given the power to make it reality. You must, nevertheless, suffer for it.  :)
Richard Bach (1936-, American Author)

An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.
Don Marquis (1878-1937, American Humorist, Journalist)

An idea is the only level which moves the world.
Arthur F. Corey

Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.  ;D
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832, German Poet, Dramatist, Novelist)

The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.
Linus Pauling (1901-1994, American Chemist, 2 Time Nobel Winner)

To have a great idea, have a lot of them.
Thomas A. Edison (1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE)

An idea is worth nothing if it has no champion.
Anonymous

Anyone else have some interesting quotes on IDEAS?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 05:09:00 PM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla

innovator

• View Profile
Re: Famous quotes regarding Ideas
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:40:35 AM »

“Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”
Oscar Wilde (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)

“An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.”
Oscar Wilde (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)

“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual giants are produced.”
Swami Vivekananda (Indian Spiritual leader of the Hindu religion (Vedanta). Disciple of the famous 19th century mystic-saint Sri Ramakrishna of Calcutta. Founder of the Ramakrishna Order of Monks. 1863-1902)

“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.”
Buddha (Hindu Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.)

“Good ideas are common - what's uncommon are people who'll work hard enough to bring them about”
Ashleigh Brilliant (English Author and Cartoonist, b.1933)

“Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.”
Howard Aiken (American computer engineer and mathematician 1900-1973)

“Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk - and to act.”
Andre Malraux (French Historian, Novelist and Statesman, 1901-1976)

“Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas”
Paula Poundstone (American Comic, b.1959)

“My ideas usually come not at my desk writing but in the midst of living.”
Anais Nin (French born American Author of novels and short stories, 1903-1977)

“The ability to convert ideas to things is the secret of outward success.”
Henry Ward Beecher (Liberal US Congregational minister, 1813-1887)

“New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can't be done. 2) It probably can be done, but it's not worth doing. 3) I knew it was a good idea all along!”
Arthur C. Clarke (English Writer of science fiction, b.1917)

“Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.”
Jim Rohn (American Speaker and Author. He is famous for motivational audio programs for Business and Life. )

“The way to get good ideas is to get lots of ideas, and throw the bad ones away”
Dr. Linus Pauling (American theoretical chemist and biologist 1901-1994)

“A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on. Ideas have endurance without death.”
John Fitzgerald Kennedy (American 35th US President (1961-63), 1917-1963)

“Everyone is in love with his own ideas”
Carl Gustav Jung (Swiss psychiatrist, Psychologist and Founder of the Analytic Psychology, 1875-1961)

“What moves those of genius, what inspires their work is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough.”
Eugene Delacroix (French Romantic painter, 1798-1863)

“If you want to kill any idea in the world, get a committee working on it.”
Charles F. Kettering (American engineer, inventor of the electric starter, 1876-1958)

“I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent; curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas.”
Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist who developed the special and general theories of relativity. Nobel Prize for Physics in 1921. 1879-1955)

“When an idea exclusively occupies the mind, it is transformed into an actual physical or mental state.”
Swami Vivekananda (Indian Spiritual leader of the Hindu religion (Vedanta). Disciple of the famous 19th century mystic-saint Sri Ramakrishna of Calcutta. Founder of the Ramakrishna Order of Monks. 1863-1902)

“The ideas gained by men before they are twenty-five are practically the only ideas they shall have in their lives.”
William James (American Philosopher and Psychologist, leader of the philosophical movement of Pragmatism, 1842-1910)

“Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged.”
Thomas Alva Edison (Most famous American Inventor who, singly or jointly, held a world record 1.093 patents. In addition, he created the world's first industrial research laboratory, 1847-1931)

“All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.”
Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President (1861-65), who brought about the emancipation of the slaves. 1809-1865)

“The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew.”
Abraham Lincoln (American 16th US President (1861-65), who brought about the emancipation of the slaves. 1809-1865)

“An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.”
Arnold H. Glasgow

“You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.”
Shirley Hufsteddler

“The kind of man who wants government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic”
Henry Louis Mencken (American humorous Journalist and Critic of American life who influenced US fiction through the 1920s, 1880-1956)

“The air is full of ideas. They are knocking you in the head all the time. You only have to know what you want, then forget it, and go about your business. Suddenly, the idea will come through. It was there all the time.”
Henry Ford (American industrialist and pioneer of the assembly-line production method, 1863-1947)

“A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.”
Mary Kay Ash (American businesswoman, She founded Mary Kay Cosmetics (1963). b.1915)

“Capital isn't that important in business. Experience isn't that important. You can get both of these things. What is important is ideas.”
Harvey S. Firestone (American industrialist founder of the Firestone Tire & Rubber Co.,1868-1938)
“Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” - Steve Jobs (American Entrepreneur, Apple co-Founder, b.1955)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

Thanks innovator. Great quotes. Ideas truly make the world go round!

You inspired me to post a few more...

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience.
Hyman Rickover
Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple, learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.
John Steinbeck
The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out.
Dee Hock
We think good ideas to death, when we should be acting them to life.
- Brian G. Jett
If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.
Alfred Bernhard Nobel
Don’t be afraid of new ideas. Be afraid of old ideas. They keep you where you are and stop you from growing and moving forward. Concentrate on where you want to go, not on what you fear.
Anthony Robbins
The only people in the world who can change things are those who can sell ideas.
Lois Wyse
Men are strong only so long as they represent a strong idea. They become powerless when they oppose it.
Sigmund Freud
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 10:13:11 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla

cemAccesOptip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 03:46:43 PM »

ive met a lot of famous people, but they are "local celebrities" so no one here would know them... My aunt knows football players Pizarro Werder Bremen and Guerrero Hamburg 04 though

Smithbrown2011

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 05:28:08 AM »

“Do not remember the past, learn from it. Do not be distracted from the present, concentrate on it. Do not expect the future, come to it."

-Tiago Marxen Lopes

"Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind."

-Mother Teresa

"You can do anything, but not everything."

-David Allen

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Exterior Lighting

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34:27 AM »

An idea is a specific thought or concept that arises in the mind of a person as a result of thinking. It is a mental picture. Ideas are unproven. They may or may not be verbalized. They are not yet substantiated by data, but may be based on the person's knowledge.

Good ideas may have a positive impact on the organization if they can be substantiated or validated by data or input from others.

Bad ideas are those that have no ability to be implemented.

Both good and bad ideas may help in the process of determining the best course of action.

Ideas combined with passion and hard work leads to success.

It is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make their appearance in the world.
Aristotl

He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met.
Abraham Lincoln

Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, when a man has only one idea.
Author Unknown

The vitality of thought is in adventure. Ideas won't keep. Something must be done about them.
Alfred North Whitehead

It is by acts and not by ideas that people live.
Anatole France

Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny.
Carl Schurz

There are only two kinds of scholars; those who love ideas and those who hate them.
Emile Chartier

If at first the idea is absurd, then there is no hope for it.
Aristotle

An idea is salvation by imagination.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together.
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

It is better to entertain an idea than to take it home to live with you for the rest of your life.
Randall Jarrell

Every composer knows the anguish and despair occasioned by forgetting ideas which one had no time to write down.
Hector Berlioz

I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught.
Georgia O'Keeffe

To die for an idea; it is unquestionably noble. But how much nobler it would be if men died for ideas that were true!
H. L. Mencken

Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Miriam Beard

So many new ideas are at first strange and horrible, though ultimately valuable that a very heavy responsibility rests upon those who would prevent their dissemination.
J. B. S. Haldane

College isn't the place to go for ideas.
Helen Keller

This is my answer to the gap between ideas and action - I will write it out.
Hortense Calisher

It is by acts, and not by ideas that people live.
Anatole France

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will have to ram it down their throats.
Howard Aiken

Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous patience.
Hyman Rickover

Do something. If it doesn't work, do something else. No idea is too crazy.
Jim Hightower

When ideas fail, words come in very handy.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
John Cage

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.
John Steinbeck

Lack of money is no obstacle. Lack of an idea is an obstacle.
Ken Hakuta

Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

The human mind treats a new idea the same way the body treats a strange protein; it rejects it.
P. B. Medawar

You ask me if I keep a notebook to record my great ideas. I've only ever had one.
Aristotle

What we need is hatred. From it our ideas are born.
Jean Genet

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
Howard Aiken

I had a monumental idea this morning, but I didn't like it.
Samuel Goldwyn

All great ideas are dangerous.
Randall Jarrell

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
F Scott Fitzgerald

A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled.
Sir Barnett Cocks

No one has ever had an idea in a dress suit.
Sir Frederick G. Banting

If an idea's worth having once, it's worth having twice.
Tom Stoppard

The best ideas are common property.
Seneca

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.
Victor Hugo

One of the greatest pains to human nature is the pain of a new idea.
Walter Bagehot

When ideas fail, words come in very handy.
Goethe

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones.
John Cage

The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will.
J Arthur Thomson

He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man I ever met.
Abraham Lincoln

The way to combat noxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.
William O. Douglas

If you steal ideas from one source, that's plagiarism, but if you steal ideas from more than one source, that's research.
Laurendo Almeida

The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C', the idea must be feasible.
Author Unknown

The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.
Randall Jarrell

This is my answer to the gap between ideas and action - I will write it out.
Hortense Calisher

ShawnGigma

• View Profile
    • Blackberry Pearl - Glossy Mobile Style
The Best Ways To Stream Video Clip From Pc To Ps3
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 06:28:22 AM »

hello there and thank you for your information ? I have certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon.
*Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up