Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

More than 47,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The meaning of Life and why the Universe exists  (Read 2175 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
The meaning of Life and why the Universe exists
« on: January 17, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »

One of the biggest questions of mankind has to be “What is the meaning of life?” And the answer is not “42”. ;D

Anyone claiming that they know the answer beyond any doubt is sadly mistaken. No human being truly knows what the meaning of life is, or why we exist. But, that does not mean we cannot speculate or postulate about it.

An idea I started formulating many years ago, when I was still a teenager (and that’s a few decades ago), has resurfaced in my mind recently. One of my hobbies is Quantum Mechanics, which I find fascinating and challenging. I just finished reading Michio Kaku’s book “Physics of the Impossible” and also Stephen Hawking’s “The Grand Design”. I still believe that there is no better way to get the creative juices flowing than to read a book.

I will call my theory “Jay’s PIE Theory”.

Jay's PIE Theory
Jay's PIE Theory
To us as human beings our visible Universe is a very large place. The distances, sizes and number of galaxies, stars, planets and other heavenly bodies are mind boggling. But that's just it... “To us”.

Everything in life is relative. If you are tall then someone half your size is short. That does not mean that they are really short. It just means that they are short compared to you. Should some alien race visit us one day and their average height is 10 meters (32.8 feet), then we will seem puny to them and we will look at them as extreme giants. They in turn will feel small should they meet another species where their average height is 20 meters... and so on.

This is a very important point I’m trying to make. Nothing is as it seems. It is only as you, or I see it, or think of it. As we gain more knowledge our perspectives and perceptions change.

Let’s look at time. Time is very relative. To an ordinary housefly one day must feel like 80 years feels to a human. A fly typically lives 24 hours, so from its perspective that is a lifetime. The Universe may be 13.7 billion years old, which seems like an awful long time to us, but from the perspective of the Universe it is only about 80 years old.

The Universe is busy learning, just like we learn from our lifetimes. Its purpose is to evolve, just like all living things on Earth evolved over millions of years (Darwin’s Theory).

There are those who claim that there are many Universes, or Multiverses, or even parallel Universes. I don’t think so. I am of the opinion that there is only one Universe, but that it recycles itself every so many billions of years, and that can vary anywhere from 20 to 20,000 billion years, depending on its stability and what it has learned from previous lifetimes.

Information is never destroyed. When the Universe is reborn (new Big Bang), all the knowledge and lessons from the previous existence is carried forward to the new Universe. During its rebirth new laws of physics are embedded into the energy, waves and particles of the new Universe. It is trying different combinations and laws, learning from its mistakes of past lifetimes and readjusting those.

This seemingly endless cycle of birth, death and rebirth will continue until perfection is reached. And that may be a very, very long time away. It does not really matter how long it takes. This process has all the time in the “word not invented yet” (whatever exists outside the Universe, which does not make sense because it is also part of the Universe). So, pick any word that will describe “everything”.

Now here is the strange thing... Once the Universe reaches “perfection”, what will happen then? What shape will it take, and what will it look like? I think the answer is pretty simple.... God, or whatever name you give your supreme being in your religion. God is perfect, almighty, always has been and always will be. He is also all-knowing, and there are no limits to what He can, or cannot do.

God already exists, even though the Universe is on its way to becoming Him, in the future. This is a tough concept to wrap your head around. How can He be here now if the Universe has not reached perfection yet? Well, if something is perfect and almighty it can do anything, including overcome time. To put it in human terms... God can time-travel freely, because He can do anything. But unlike us, God does not interfere. If we could do time-travel as human beings we would want to go back in the past and fix the mistakes we have made, which of course will cause a Paradox. Things will get real weird then. Most people believe that God has given us free will. There is a very good reason for that. God could interfere, and even solve the problem of a possible Paradox, because He can do anything. He may help things along by “nudging” us in the right direction. To try and explain what God does and does not do is totally inappropriate for any human to even try to comprehend. Suffice to say that He knows what’s best. We should not question His actions because He has come a long way, if I can put it that way.

The Bible mentions that we were made in God’s image, and many religions believe that we are part of God. I think they are totally right. We are all part of Him, and we are all part of each other. For those of you who study or follow Quantum Mechanics or Physics, you are probably familiar with the term “Entanglement”. When we are at the Quantum level things get very strange. There is a reason for that. We cannot “see” at that level. It is hidden from us because we are nowhere intelligent enough or ready to know everything. We still have a long, long way to go.

And that is why we are here. We are learning, like it or not, just like the entire Universe is busy learning. We are all part of the same journey. You cannot escape from it. Even if you decide to end your own life it makes no difference. You will just be reborn again... and again... and again... until you and I get it right, and the Universe gets it right... Until the Universe becomes God.

I may be completely wrong, and if so I apologize. But then again, I may be right, right?

For more of my own personal ideas please click here...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:07:02 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up