Loopy Ideas Forum Extraordinary / Unusual / Weird Ideas, Products & Inventions
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

More than 41,000 members, and growing...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LoopyIdeas Twitter Tweets - Page 4  (Read 2090 times)

Jay Sadie

• Administrator
  • Owner/Founder
    • View Profile
LoopyIdeas Twitter Tweets - Page 4
« on: October 24, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »

I decided to create a post where most of our Twitter Tweets can be seen here. When this list gets too long I will create a second, third... post and link them all for easy navigation.

Page 1  Page 2  Page 3  Page 4  Page 5

Prediction is extremely difficult. Especially about the future.

I donít want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, they will never cease to be amused.

AIBOHPHOBIA Ė the fear of palindromes.

Bacteria: the only culture some people have.

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Humor. It is a difficult concept. It is not logical.

A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper tray and the blinking red light.

Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at.

Somebody complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ĎParking Fine.í

A dog that attends a flea circus most likely will steal the whole show.

System Error - Windows Loaded

Lots of people know a good thing the minute the other fellow sees it first.

Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After marriage, the ĎYí becomes silent.

Iím an idealist: I donít know where Iím going, but Iím on my way.

The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do.

The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day, youíre off it.

He who trains his tongue to quote the learned sages, will be known far and wide as a smart ass.

If a man opens a car door for a woman, either the car is new or the woman.

The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.

If you want your spouse to listen and pay strict attention to every word you say, talk in your sleep.

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

People can be divided into three groups: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Iím reading a book about anti-gravity. I canít put it down.

ďThis Ďtelephoneí has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication.Ē ó Western Union internal memo, 1876

The only perfect science is hindsight.

Vote for the man who promises least; heíll be the least disappointing.

Murphyís Golden Rule: Whoever has the gold makes the rules.

If money talks, it ainít on speaking terms with me.

For people who like peace and quiet Ė a phoneless cord.

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under Communism, itís just the opposite.

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Why is the man that invests your money called a broker?

An egotist has one point in his favor Ė he doesnít go round talking about other people.

You have to be careful about being too careful.

A committee is a body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.

Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them.

Ours is a world where people donít know what they want and are willing to go through hell to get it.

Everybody is somebody elseís weirdo.

A baby sitter is a teenager acting like an adult while the adults are out acting like teenagers.

Nothing means nothing, but it isnít really nothing because nothing is something that isnít.

PMS jokes arenít funny. Period.

Stability is achieved when you spend all your time doing nothing but reporting on the nothing you are doing.

If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment.

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it.

Eschew obfuscation

ďYou start coding. Iíll go find out what they want.Ē ó Computer analyst to programmer

What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

If itís 0 degrees today and itís going to be twice as cold tomorrow... how cold will it be?

Brain: an apparatus with which we think we think.

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Itís not hard to meet expenses, theyíre everywhere.

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

ďAlways in motion the future is. Seasick it makes me. Thatís why so green I amĒ. Ė Yoda

Accept that some days youíre the pigeon, and some days youíre the statue.

An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer.

Make three correct guesses consecutively and you will establish yourself as an expert.

This comment is printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.

Creativity comes from a conflict of ideas.

Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise both will wither and die.

Nothing is so perfectly amusing as a total change of ideas.

The great difficulty in education is to get experience out of ideas.

A library is the delivery room for the birth of ideas, a place where history comes to life.

No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.

We must have courage to bet on our ideas, to take the calculated risk, and to act.

The world moves, and ideas that were once good are not always good.

Be true to yourself, your ideas and focus on the essentials.

One can resist the invasion of an army but one cannot resist the invasion of ideas.

The ability to convert ideas to things is the secret of outward success.

Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas.

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.

You make progress by implementing ideas.

Just as our eyes need light in order to see, our minds need ideas in order to conceive.

Ideas usually come in the midst of living.

Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes.

In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm. In the real world all rests on perseverance.

The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold opposed ideas in mind at the same time & still retain the ability to function.

Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which before their union were not perceived to have any relation.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

We mustn't be afraid of inventing anything.

Life is a continuous journey of transformation.

Invention and imitation are the two legs, so to call them, on which the human race historically has walked.

Scientists may have sophisticated laboratories, but never forget 'eureka' was inspired in a bathtub.

The imaginative child will become the imaginative man or woman most apt to create, to invent, and therefore to foster civilization.

Give me but a firm spot on which to stand, and I shall move the earth. ― Archimedes

The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it.

Invention arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness, to save oneself trouble.

The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in a decade than all previous centuries of its existence.

We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

In the annals of innovation, new ideas are only part of the equation. Execution is just as important.

Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward: they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

An idea is salvation by imagination.

No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered.

New ideas three cycles: 1) It canít be done; 2) It probably can be done, but itís not worth doing; 3) I knew it was a good idea all along!

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.

We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.

A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.

Oneís mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.

Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged.

It is the essence of genius to make use of the simplest ideas.

All achievements, all earned riches, have their beginning in an idea.

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

When a creative idea pops up, document it; execute it right away; just critique it in the process.

If you want to reach things that nobody else is reaching, you must do things nobody else is doing.

Success never depends on the size of our brains. It always depends on the size of our thoughts.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Some of the most creative ideas emerge from a swirl of chaos.

Relearning from children the need to question and discover can ignite ones creativity and reveal more possibilities.

To live a creative life we must let go our fear of making mistakes.

Everyone is a genius at least once a year. A real genius has his original ideas closer together.

Creativity starts with a little touch of insanity and culminates with the highest trust on its beauty.

A positive mind finds a way it can be done; a negative mind looks for all the ways it can't be done.

Creativity is the greatest rebellion in existence.

If no one in the world was weird, everything would be normal, and that's boring.

Without creativity, there would be no progress, and we would be forever repeating the same patterns.

Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often.

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Serve the dinner backward, do anything - but for goodness sake, do something weird.

Every weird thing about you is beautiful and makes life interesting.

Quantum physics tell us that everything we're looking at may not be in fact there, so the underlying nature of being is weird.

Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.

Where's your will to be weird?

Going into the unknown is how you expand what is known.

I never make stupid mistakes, only very very clever ones...

Your Ex asking to be friends after breaking up is like Kidnappers asking to "keep in touch" after letting you go.

You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

It is no exaggeration to say that the undecided could go one way or another.

There is only one perfect child in the world and every mother has it.

You are getting old when you enjoy remembering things more than doing them.

The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music.

Why survive when you can live?

Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay the more wrinkled you get.

Experienced snow at Stonehenge.yesterday. Felt very strange, and cold.

Be creative. Try your hand at writing. Loopy ideas welcome.

Smart phones will ultimately shrink down to nano-size, will simply be implanted into our brains, leaving us with truly hands-free devices.

It's a really bad idea for Cyprus to take 10% of people's savings. This will set a bad precedent, and may spill over to other countries.

Human beings, having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Karate is a martial art in which people with many years of training can, using only their hands & feet, make some of the worst movies ever.

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Slogan of 105.9, the classic rock radio station in Chicago: "Of all the radio stations in Chicago ... we're one of them."

What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.

All forms of madness, bizarre habits, awkwardness in society, general clumsiness, are justified in the person who creates good art.

Friendship is like vitamins; we supplement each other's minimum daily requirements.

A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.

Everything around us is made up of energy. To attract positive things in your life, start by giving off positive energy.

Sometimes the right path is not always the easiest one.

Let's play truth or dare, or maybe just dare, because nobody knows how to tell the truth anymore.

My life has a superb cast, but I can't figure out the plot.

Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry.

The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought.

The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.

Take a little time to daydream.

Do not give up. The beginning is always the hardest.

Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their lives.

Just believe in your dreams.

Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.

At the end of the day you can either focus on what's tearing you apart or what's holding you together.

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was and the present worse than it is.

Time you enjoy wasting isn't wasted time.

A good friend knows all your best stories. A best friend has lived them with you.

Good things take time, but great things happen in the blink of an eye.

Oscar Pistorius will have a tough time in court trying to prove his innocence, because he does not have a leg to stand on!

Tough times never last, but tough people do.

No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.

The recession won't be over till we raise a generation that knows how to live on what they've got.

Maybe we don't know what we have until we lose it, but maybe it's also true that we don't know what we're missing until we find it.

Learn the rules of the game, and then play better than anyone else.

In order for your life to change, you must change.

Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.

Why not just make doping legal? It will create a level playing field for all athletes. Bonus: We don't have to hear about it any longer.

Focused energy is power, and itís the difference between success and failure.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Find out what weirdness kids excel at and encourage them to do that. Then get out of the way.

The weird set an example for the rest of us. They raise the bar, they show us through their actions that in fact we are wired to do the new

If you just go with the flow, no matter what weird things happen along the way, you always end up exactly where you belong.

Life is much simpler if you donít notice anything.

If you persist in trying to be all things to all people, you will fail.

It is hard to keep your mind clear when somebodyís telling you to keep your mind clear.

Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, usually do.

Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.

Reality is always controlled by the people who are most insane.

When the population of "weird" people outgrows the population of "normal" people will the "weird" then be considered "normal" & vice verse?

It's crazy how one single day can change your entire life.

It is absolutely crazy living your life not loving what you do. Life is just too precious.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

When you go into court you're putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough get out of jury duty.

As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.

Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.

It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them.

The 50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Why are there Interstate highways in Hawaii?

Never criticize your wife's faults. It might have been those faults that kept her from getting a better husband.

You know you are over-the-hill when you're just too tired to climb one!

For Sale: Wedding dress, size 12, worn once by mistake.

Just when you think you've hit bottom, someone tosses you a shovel.

Always wanted to be a procrastinator, but never got around to it.

2000 pounds of Chinese soup: Won ton

Tell a man a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it.

How can a world so beautiful sometimes be so ugly?

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

The hardness of butter is directly proportional to the softness of the bread.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird, people take Prozac to make it normal.

Being called weird is like being called Limited Edition. Meaning you're something people don't see that often.

When life hands you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make orange juice because being different is good.

It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than to be absolutely boring.

Normal is just a setting on a washing machine.

Live your life, take chances, be crazy. Don't wait cause right now is the oldest you've ever been & the youngest you'll be ever again.

You can't be old and wise, if you were never young and crazy.

How come wrong numbers are never busy?

Broken guitar for sale - no strings attached.

Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

The more you say, the less people remember.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 30 years.

EXPERIENCE : The name men give to their mistakes.

Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap! You choose.

Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

Do people in Australia call the rest of the world "up over"?

This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

VUJA DE: The Feeling You've Never Been Here.

Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire.

The trick is to stop thinking it is 'your' money. - IRS auditor

Intelligence is a tool to be used towards a goal, and goals are not always chosen intelligently.

Antiques are things one generation buys, the next generation gets rid off, and the following generation buys again.

I hear that exercise kills germs. But how do you get the little buggers to exercise?

Never agree to plastic surgery if the doctor's office is full of portraits by Picasso.

People who think they know everything upset those of us who do.

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

Biology is the only science where multiplication means the same thing as division.

His dad was a workaholic. Every time someone mentioned work, he got drunk.

We shouldn't expect educators to be entertaining, or entertainers to be educational.

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft, and I'll show you A flat minor.

Adam met Eve and turned over a new leaf.

People with narrow minds usually have broad tongues.

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Always give 100% at work: 12% Monday, 23% Tuesday, 40% Wednesday, 20% Thursday, 5% Friday

Note to self: Thanks for always being there.

Remember ... there's more to life then Science Fiction, but not much.

If the police arrest a mime, do they tell him he has the right to remain silent?

A lawyer is a person who writes a 10,000 word document and calls it a 'brief'.

Page 1  Page 2  Page 3  Page 4  Page 5
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 03:10:48 AM by Jay Sadie »
"I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success." - Nikola Tesla
Pages: [1]   Go Up